Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hot Rocks

Ventured back into the old craft corner this weekend - been sporting this handmade necklace for a while and several friends have asked if I will make them one so I finally churned them out. There are still some agate pieces left over because they don't have a hole drilled in the top for the chain. I am a little weary of handling the drill on my own for that project (you also need a special drill bit for the job) so I was thinking of rigging them up as belt buckles but I haven't quite figured that out yet. In the mean time, they will be coasters.
Agate has been very popular lately and has taken on all sorts of decorative forms but these two uses might be the best I have seen so far.

As decorative inlay for risers on stairs - this is in Vegas at one of the new malls.

And a new version of stained glass - stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment