Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Custom Cushions

Being a good wedding/baby shower gift giver is like any other skill. It improves over time with practice. Honestly, my poor sister, I didn't win any awards as the Maid of Honor. At the time I was in my first job out of college and getting paid barely above minimum wage, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. We were roomies at the time, so when she moved out and took EVERYTHING with her, I kept saying "but you can register for new stuff and people will like, just give it to you! At least leave me the vacuum and a chair to sit on." She did end up leaving her dishes behind because my brother in law thought the periwinkle, scalloped PB set was too girly (his were denim printed - no joke) and they settled on new set in white. And, as a bonus, the B-I-L gave me his vacuum (a bachelor's vacuum, think about that) and his house plants which promptly died after two weeks in my care.

These days a lot of people have been asking me for advice on engagement gifts. This one is a bit more difficult because the couple probably hasn't even registered so you can't cheat and see what their taste is like. These Uptown Artworks pillows that you can customize seem like a cool idea. The above pillow would also be a thoughtful baby shower gift if you know that name in advance.
The custom pillow. It was hard to find pricing on these on their website SO who knows what you could be shelling out.
Wall signs - fashioned after the subway and bus signs that have been so popular in decor the past couple of years.
A zip code pillow
I think these my be my fave, the ring pillows that are customized for the wedding

What was the best engagement gift that you received?

No comments:

Post a Comment