Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby Shower Prep

I hosted a baby shower this weekend, it was so much fun to decorate for the party.
Made some of Martha's famous tissue paper pom poms. Not gonna lie, took me a couple of turns to get them just right.

Stack of onesies



Real pacifiers mixed with pink plastic favor pacifiers were tied on to some $1/roll gross grain ribbon.

Flowers were $6.99 - $8.99 at Costco, the lilies finally bloomed and they smell amazing and they are HUGE!

We played the "My Water Broke" game. You freeze a plastic baby in an ice cube and then pass them around to all the guests. Whoever "frees" the baby from the ice the fastest wins! It only took our winner 15 seconds.

Problem was when I was prepping the babies for the game they kept floating to the top of the tray, they wanted to escape!
Look at them trying to swim away- I ended up defrosting the first round and only filling the tray part way so that the babies froze at least partially in ice. Once they were some what secure (after about two hours) I finished filling the tray to the top completely covering the babies with water. When the time came to play we cracked them loose and put them in little dixie cups to pass them around for the game. I like a game with a sense of humor and watching this go down was pretty funny.
Stayed tuned for more pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment