Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Nursery of the Week: Modern Masai Nursery


This boy's nursery from Lotus Bleu is absolutely fabulous. I haven't seen anything like it and think the African themes (artwork, hamper, wall hanging) combined with the modern touches (crib, chair fabric and rug) are brillz! Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I thought I would try to virtually recreate/source the key items.


The Madeliene Weinrib rug makes the room for me, the Sugar room comes in two colors, orange or turquoise. I've seen it in several rooms and always wondered where it came from, the shape of the design reminds me of an H and combined with the orange makes me think of Hermes.


A ducduc crib that even has a tongue in cheek reference at the bottom


For the wingback chair this Marimekko Tuliainen would be fun



L-O-V-E this colorful Masai artwork by Gail Zavala





Striped Fabric for the Roman shades


No comments:

Post a Comment