Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Lounge

There are all these totally over the top options these days for parties, seriously crepe paper and balloons are bush league. The whole idea of a lounge at a cocktail party was something I wanted to do for a long time. Convincing the powers that be (meaning those that distribute the ca$h money) was challenging. They didn't get it. It happens a lot in design. But, I persisted and I am so glad I did. I absolutely loved the result as did those "powers that be", really, I have never seen them so enthusiastic about something.

The venue was a one huge, open space that we had the task of making feel more intimate on a really, really limited budget. We were going to buy the furniture for the set up since this is annual event but had no place to store it so... we went the rental route. I went on a hunt and found Design Works. They were outstanding - truly fantastic customer service and thus they get a super seal of approval. I picked out the furniture for the set up, they delivered it and arranged it to our specifications. As soon as the party was over they came right back, on time, and swooped it all up and carted it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment